Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ongoing Books: Part 2

Confession time:  I read in the bathroom.  I think most people do, honestly, but not everyone is willing to admit it.  So why am I confessing this?  Today's ongoing books are about my 'Bathroom Books'.

4000 of Uppity Women:  As the title alludes, this is about women throughout history.  Typically only 2-3 pages per woman, which makes it a perfect bathroom book!

Weird Encounters: True Tales of Haunted Places:  Another book with only a few pages per place, making it another great bathroom book.  I've really just begun this book, but scary stories are never a bad thing.

The Whistling Season:  This is a novel, not short stories, it's more of a bathtub book, but I don't take baths....Anyway.  I really enjoy the parts of the book that tell of the family living on the Montana prarie.  Those parts remind me of the Little House on the Prarie books, which I love.  However, some parts are told from later in the protagonists life and I don't find them as enjoyable yet.  I have not gotten to the point where these two stories blend together, and I really hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment